Here is Visiting Orphans website again, the organization with whom I am going, if you are interested... www.visitingorphans.org .
In Uganda, we will be visiting Amazima ministries ( http://www.amazima.org/) ;
We will be feeding around 400 children on Saturday. Children come from all over the area to eat a nutritious meal and take some home for other members of their families. We will also be spending several days at Canaan's Children's Home (http://www.
In Ethiopia, we will be going to several impoverished areas to meet the children and show God's love however we can. One day we will be going to the city dump, where many children live and even find their meals. We will also be visiting many orphanages, helping where needed and loving on/playing with the children there. One day we will be going to AWA Transitional Home to paint murals for their walls! Another day we will be working with the Dahley Community Project, but not sure what this will entail.
I know God has incredible plans for our time there! When people ask me all the time, "Are you excited!!??", I have mixed emotions. I am excited to go and do what God has called me to do and to serve Him while loving children and sharing His love with them, but I know it will be very hard. I am expecting to see things and hear childrens' stories that break my heart and I will never forget. When I pray, I am praying that God will prepare me for what He has for me there, but also to prepare my heart for these things. I desire to make an impact for eternity. I desire to show God's love to a child that hasn't even heard the name of Jesus. I desire to tell a child he/she is wonderfully made... tell her she is beautiful, and God thinks so too... tell him he has a Father, a heavenly Father that wants a relationship with him. Oh, I know I will be changed forever, but I pray the kingdom will also be changed b/c others' will have seen God through us. And I also pray that b/c of my time there, somehow I can bring glory and honor to Him here.
Please pray with me:
* Safe travel throughout
* Our team unity
* NO problems with health!
* The children with whom we will be meeting; God to open their hearts so they can see Him through us; for us to have discretion and wisdom with every child when communicating
* Opportunities to share, even unplanned ones!
* Miraculous strength and endurance when jet-lag tries to take control!
* Kent, as he takes care of the boys for 11 days!!!
* Brooks and Brayden - their behavior, health, and not to miss Mommy too much
* That God our Father is brought glory and honor every day and in every circumstance!!
Thank you for sharing in this experience with me!
Until all the world hears,
Tammy

2 comments:
Tammy, I am excited for you. I will be praying!
I just keep thinking how excited I am for you. I know it's going to be an emotional roller coaster...seeing such beauty amongst such poverty. I am SO thrilled for your heart and all that it's about to go through. What a privilege that you get to see what most people only see on t.v. - to see and smell the sights, to look into the eyes of those precious children and to hold a child that needs it. What a gift God has given you to go!
I have been thinking about you a lot because I know how very hard it is to leave your family. You will be amazed at how God shifts your focus once you've said your goodbyes and I pray He will keep your heart full while you are away from them. They will be totally fine as well. BTW, how can we help Kent with the boys?
CANNOT wait to hear about your adventures and all that God reveals to you!
Post a Comment