Shabby

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Amazima day... Uganda

The children LOVED having their faces, arms, hands, etc. painted!

I am loving this picture of an older boy engrossed in the magic of bubbles!

This sweet new friend of mine stayed by my side the whole day, and I was SO proud of her coloring ... beautiful girl.
They were all so fascinated by our long hair and were excited when I asked them to braid it!

Check out cool guy in the middle... lovin' his facial expression! :)
They are eating their meals at this time.

We brought and left some soccer balls... this was a BIG hit!
And do you see how beautiful Uganda is?

What a day... painted fingernails, stickers on face, painted cheeks and arms, and fashioned sunglasses... I think about 30 kiddos tried on the sunglasses!!

This is the team passing out bags of food (rice, beans, and flour) to take back to their homes and families. The guy in the cap is Scott, our team leader.

Beautiful girl enjoying having her picture taken

Two young boys collecting water from the Nile in large heavy containers

Part of our team down by the Nile at King Fisher Lodge ... Me, Tracey, Laurie, Samantha, Wendy and Carrie... my new good friends! Love you gals!
The Nile River

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about our trip in your words. Love and miss you!

Tracey =)

emily martin said...

what sweet little kiddos! memories that will last them a lifetime!