Shabby

Monday, February 28, 2011

Word of God Speak...

Tonight I truly longed to be in the presence of our Father. I needed to feel His strong arms surrounding me, reassuring me that He is in control and all in this adoption process. My faith is being tested no doubt. I am questioning almost every decision we have made from the beginning of this. BUT after reading scripture after scripture about God's faithfulness, His sovereignty, His love for me and our daughter, and the fact that He is writing this book, I am at peace. I also read this in a devotional today: "The road of obedience will certainly be marked with challenges." How about that!? We knew this, but I think I was secretly hoping we might just be exempt. :)
I know He has a plan... I think I just miss her terribly, as crazy as that sounds. Please pray for patience, peace, and all those families waiting right along with us for their precious children to come home.

Here is a beautiful song that helped lead me into God's glorious presence tonight...

"Word Of God Speak" by MercyMe

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

[CHORUS]
Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice

[REPEAT CHORUS 2x]

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay

2 comments:

Kim said...

The road of obedience will be marked with challenges...yes, indeed. But, like you, I want to think I'm exempt. :) Thanks for sharing this! Continuing to pray for you and all of us waiting for our precious children!

Courtney Willis said...

Praying for you!!! So looking forward to the day we look back and thank God for his faithfulness and direction...while holding your baby girl. It will happen.