
It's official people! WE HAVE A COURT DATE IN ETHIOPIA! Yippee Skippee!! :) Our caseworker called on Black Friday, which for us this day will now be known for "The court day announcement call" day instead! :) The court date is Dec. 27, and I leave the 23rd with my mom and return on the 30th. Yes, we will be gone over Christmas, which is bittersweet, but the boys don't seem to mind much, as they are opening many of their presents with Mommy 2 days before Christmas! LOL! Kent is staying with the boys since it is over Christmas and the flights are RIDICULOUS! We will get to spend a short amount of time with our sweet girl, a total of 3 hours, 3 different days... not long enough, but they do it to protect the children.
Please pray for these things:
*Safe travel, problem-free
*Our meeting to be blessed, and she will feel our love even though she will not understand or be told exactly WHO I actually am.
*COURT day! Pray I will not be too nervous, have peace, and just speak my heart... for God to bless that day and the judge/ministry of women to give a favorable opinion and to PASS COURT!!
*Kent - patience and wisdom in discipline, ministry productivity/time management while juggling the boys (on break! AAAK! ;)
*The boys to not be too sad (and me too) that we are apart on Christmas and to get along/play well together!
*My mom - for God to just overwhelm her with His peace and take away any anxiousness or anxiety about travel, that she will grow to love these beautiful people and their culture, for God to reveal Himself in new ways as she experiences this!
*My heart/mind - It will be a rollercoaster of emotions, and extremely hard to leave her there, not knowing when I will see her again... and also being away from the family over Christmas.
Thank you for your prayers!! We covet them and GREATLY appreciate all we can get!
~ T & K

5 comments:
I'm SOOOOOOO happy for y'all and will be praying for y'all on your journey to your baby girl! Soak up all those kisses!!!....Best Christmas present you could ever get:))
yahoo!!!! praying for you! If you need to chat please feel free to give me a call! And FYI - court is not as scary as it seems - super simple - just praying that the MOWA letter is there! Love ya!
So exciting! We are praying for you guys!!!
I leave on the 27th for court, and you said every emotion I'm feeling..
Glad I'm not the only sad momma.. Sad to leave my kids at home...sad to leave my baby in Addis!!
Praying you will have safe travel and a speedy Embassy too!! May God give you peace in your heart... You are now in the home stretch!!!
God Bless,
Lalah
How did court go? Did you all pass? I hope you had a wonderful Christmas in Ethiopia.
Post a Comment