Shabby

Friday, October 10, 2008

He did it!


Need an idea for a rainy day or any day:)? If you can let yourselves, you neat mommies out there, my boys love doing this! A few weeks ago, Brayden learned a fun trick: finding magazines (that I never read) and crumpling/tearing/tossing them to and fro. So, of course, Brooks asks, "Mommy, can I tear up a magazine like Brayden?" After pondering for a brief moment, remembering that I let Brayden kind of do it, and remembering the important rule "Say yes as often as possible", I said, "Okay! Have at it!" I never thought tearing up a magazine into shreds and "swimming" through the paper would result in loads of fun for at least 30 minutes! Now, this is one of our favorite past times. Oh, and... we like to put the "rain" into a box or bag and Mommy "make it rain" with the shreds. You know I had one stipulation... you make the mess, you clean it up! So, here is the result of all the fun. This picture looks like they got caught in the act... He did it! :)

2 comments:

Denyse said...

How fun! I wonder if that will work for an 8 year old and a thirteen year old...we might have to give it a try. :)

Anonymous said...

this is hilarious!
i'm sure robbie would love it if i let the kids tear up my huge ever-growing pile of magazines:)


so fun to reconnect with you!
you have a beautiful family!
blessings to you guys!
liz