Shabby

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Special Conversation

Last night, Brooks and I were laying down in his bed, and I told him the story of Joseph (G-rated version). The conversation following went something like this:

Brooks: Why were they so mean to their brother?

Mommy: Well, maybe they were jealous of him or they didn't have Jesus in their hearts. Isn't that sad?

Brooks: Why don't people have Jesus in their hearts?

Mommy: Some people don't realize they need Him or some people just don't want Him in their lives.

Brooks: Why don't they want Him?

Mommy: That is a good question. I don't know... it is sad. That is why we have to tell them about Jesus and live a life that makes Him happy.

Brooks: What happens to them if they don't have Jesus?

Mommy: They live their lives without Him and without true meaning. They don't have a special peace and joy that we have, and they don't go to heaven.

Knowing that this is getting too deep for him to understand, I summed it up and prayed for those lost, and that Brooks and Brayden will always be loving and kind to each other. :)
These moments are so priceless and I never want to forget these conversations that are Spirit-led. Hope you enjoyed it too!

2 comments:

rackersfamily said...

That is really sweet. You did a great job explaining it to him... I'll havet to remember what you said for future converstaions with Riley ;)

Aims said...

What a sweet moment. It's a good thing we have the Holy Spirit to guide our answers when these moments catch us off guard, huh? God is so good! May the seeds planted in Brooks' young heart sprout in full bloom!!!