Shabby

Monday, November 30, 2009

Give Thanks!


Shepherd of the Ozarks - Arkansas

Thanksgiving was a wonderful time with friends this year, but we dearly missed our family. I didn't realize how it would affect me, but I was pretty emotional on Thanksgiving Day missing the people I love the most. Even though it is always crazy traveling to Houston with everything but the kitchen sink, it is always worth it to see my family and a handful of friends. I missed that this year for sure, and I am thankful for that.

Instead, we traveled over 6 hours to "Shepherd of the Ozarks" in the Ozark mountains of Arkansas and had a blast with friends! I had no idea how beautiful this state was! We stayed in a HUGE lodge with 7 families, all had kids, and I believe there were over 30 people at one point! :) Can you just see that kitchen at meal times!? And I must add ... we are incredibly blessed by and grateful to God and Al and Barbara McDonald for allowing us to stay in this lodge for free!! PTL! There was a lot of laughing, a lot of playing, a lot of crying little ones, a lot of fits, a lot of eating, a lot of rock throwing, and lot of walking, and a whole lot of fun! Here is a glimpse of our fun at Thanksgiving!


Brooks is in heaven on a FIRE TRUCK RIDE!!
The fact that it was yellow and sirens blaring was a BONUS!


Scott, Kent, and Bart being goofy of course!!



One of our INCREDIBLE views!


The boys and friends throwing rocks in the river




Shannon (+3 kids), Abby (+2 kids), Lori (+3 kids) and the boys ... all being silly!


Thanksgiving Dinner


The "Animal Arcade" - Deer, Lemur, Kangaroo, Goats and more!




Enjoying the bonfire and smores on a cold night!


Brooks and Brayden LOVED the bell on the back porch!




Me and Kent riding the "Cliffhanger" - A massive "swing" over the side of a cliff!




10 Things I am Thankful For:
1. My wonderful Savior and his endless grace
2. Kent - for so many things... his selfless "way", his walk with Christ and the way he challenges me without even trying, his generosity, his love for our boys, his sense of humor, his acts of kindness to me and others, and so much more!

3. My 2 boys, Brooks and Brayden - the joy they bring to me daily and their unique God-given personalities and talents

4. My mom and mother-in-law... Simply gifts from God... I know I can always count on them to pray for anything, support any decision I make or trust God even when it is hard!
5. My extended family - both near and far... their love and support, encouragement and prayer
6. My friends - Their company, the laughs and memories made, their wisdom and willingness to share life together!
7. Church / Pastor - Heart for Missions, Seeking to always bring Glory to Father, Guiding/Directing/Encouraging my walk with Christ

8. My Bible - I would be lost without it... it guides me, comforts me, moves me, motivates me, reveals my heavenly Father's heart to me, and so much more!

9. My Home - Warm in the winter and cool in the summer (It is a blessing!:)
10. Food on our table - The Lord has always provided


There is so much to be thankful for ... oh how we are blessed! (+ my health and my family's too!:)

1 comment:

Denyse said...

Great pics Tammy! We so enjoyed getting to spend some time with ya'll this weekend...such a shame we don't get to do it more often.