Shabby

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Adoption Update: Waiting, Fundraising and Books, Oh MY!

This is just a quick update as to what is going on with the adoption...

1. Yes, we are still adopting. :)
2. No, we haven't received a referral yet, meaning we don't have a face and name (but God does!). We are waiting for that phone call and average wait time right now for us is 4 mos., give or take.
3. No, it isn't all paid for... but God has been so good to provide and we are so thankful for this!
What is left? Gulp.
*For Gladney: $10,450 (includes things like donation to homes, admin. fee., in-country expenses, placement fee, etc.)
*For Travel: we are thinking over $8,000 for airfare alone.

Whoa! This seems like a lot, but we know He is faithful and we are NOT worried in the slightest!
Soon we will have a few fundraisers to help, one being an opportunity to buy some really cool T-shirts... so stay tuned!!

As we are waiting, we are praying for God to refine us, prepare us and the boys for her arrival, and to give us strength and patience during this quiet time. As part of this process to prepare for her arrival, I am reading adoption books to educate myself and Kent. I want us to be informed and wise when it comes to discipline, toddler behavior after arrival, family dynamics, attachment and bonding, and just so much more. Some books I have already read are...

Adopted for Life
Fields of the Fatherless
Successful Adoption: A Guide for Christian Families

Books I am reading or plan to read...

The Connected Child
Toddler Adoption: The Weaver's Craft

If there is a book you think is awesome and you recommend me read, please share!

Thank you for praying for us in this journey, and for praying for our little girl who is waiting for us! God bless!

1 comment:

Courtney Willis said...

Woo hoo for blogging!!! I'm looking forward to following along with you too! I ordered The Connected Child on Monday. I am the worst reader, but I WILL finish that one!!! I'll be praying for your fundraising too...one step at a time, GOD WILL PROVIDE. So comforting to know that, huh?