Dear sweet angel, my princess and joy,
It has been over 15 months since we began our quest to bring you home to your forever family. We have officially been waiting for "the call" for over 6 months now. Every day I think of you... all the time... almost all day long. And I pray for you each time I think of you. I pray you are safe, with a bed to sleep in, blankets to keep you warm, a roof over your head, the food and clean water you need to grow, the medicine you need, but most of all, someone to Love you and hold you, sing to you, look into your eyes and tell you that you are beautiful. I pray that even as a very young child, you will see and feel Jesus in the comfort of someone else's arms while I cannot. I love you so much already, and miss you more than I thought I could ever imagine... even though I have never met you. It is amazing... the love that Father has placed in my heart for you. The longing and ache I feel just to hold you and touch you. I prayed we would have you home this Christmas, but God has a different plan and sad as I may be, I trust Him, and I desire His perfect timing... nothing else. I also trust that God is working His plan, using His people, to bring us closer to one another every day. Oh, the day that we will meet and we get to finally be together! I don't expect that day to be the perfect scenario because you will be scared and so will I, but it will perfect because that is the day He will have ordained for US, the beginning of forever. We will be so blessed to be your family! I love you more than life, my angel!
~ Your forever Mommy
Father, my heart is almost in physical pain longing for our girl to be home. I know the road is long, and it could even be longer than I could ever imagine at this very moment. Thank you for what you are doing right now preparing the way, leading us to our sweet daughter. Give us strength and keep our eyes on you, no matter how long it takes. Give us patience to endure whatever you have in store. Hold her close, Father. Be all that she needs. I pray she feels loved and wanted and cared for. Thank you for loving her and knowing her. The peace I feel simply because You know her face and name and everything about her is incredible, and I know it can only come from You. We trust You, always. ~ Amen
7 years ago

2 comments:
Oh Tammy, I knew when I saw the title that I'd cry, and of course I did. I have been praying that God's Christmas present to you would be your referral. Thank you for sharing your heart with us--and putting it on here for your daughter to read about how much you already love her....
OKAY. I REALLY tried to read without tears, but failed. I can't help but think of how much I love my little girl and how much I long for you to hold yours. I closed my eyes and imagined her...sweet cheeks, wide eyes filled with wonder at the world around her. I pictured her and then I pictured God leaning close and whispering LOVE in her left ear. Oh, I pray this for her!
Post a Comment