Yesterday, May 24, marked the day we were placed on the "Wait List" ONE YEAR ago!!! This is bittersweet of course... Bitter b/c we sincerely thought our daughter would be with us by now and we'd be moving right along, struggles and all, bonding and healing, etc... and obviously she is NOT and nor do we have any idea of when she will be!
Sweet b/c we are THAT MUCH CLOSER to bringing her home, I mean, ONE year waiting!! Whoa! Surely we are over 1/2 way there! :) I also think this "marker" in our process is another reason why I am crying a little more frequently... please tell my family that! Ha!
Good News though... several families that were placed on the "wait list" just one month before us are starting to receive their referrals!! This means movement people, and movement is good!! Let's pray for that referral soon... and then there is more waiting, which I've heard is even harder b/c you know her face and name, where she is, her story, and you JUST CAN"T go and get her until a LOT happens that is all in others' hands (and God's of course :). I do know Ethiopian officials, in country staff, and so many are working tirelessly to protect these vulnerable children... OUR CHILD... and I appreciate that.
Adoption is HARD... international or domestic, and is NOT for the weak at heart, but HE is who makes us strong. We could not do this without our Father and His strength. Our children are worth the fight, the wait, the struggles, the pain... we may mourn now, but joy comes in the morning (Psalm 30:5)!! I think of our boys and if they were in the same hard situation. Would someone wait for them? Would they give up when it got hard? Would they not follow through and provide a loving and safe home b/c they were scared or the process was taking too long? Ugh. I get sick to my stomach thinking about it... I absolutely hope not!! We KNOW she is worth it and we will walk the fire for you sweet girl!!
So how about this? This was my verse for the day yesterday...
Wait for the Lord; Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14
And THIS is the verse for today...
For great is His love toward us, and the FAITHFULNESS of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord! Psalm 117:2
Pretty cool huh!? I think so too. :) He is GOOD.

3 comments:
Can NOT wait to see that sweet girl in your arms. The day is coming! Praying for you!
So thankful many are willing to hang' in there waiting on God's perfect timing! He has an incredible plan for y'all!!! But, we will still be praying the referrals go quickly for y'all! :)
Bittersweet is definitely a good word to describe this wait! Praying the phone rings soon!!
Post a Comment