
I just finished reading the book Crazy Love, by Francis Chan. It normally takes me a while to read books b/c I am a slow reader, but this didn't take long! These words come to mind after reading this...
Challenging. Convicting. Moving. Enlightening. Engaging. Inspiring.
Crazy Love is all about asking myself (and yourself) this:
* If I am in love with my Jesus like I say I am, what am I doing that proves this? For love, one will do CRAZY things. What am I doing that is crazy, out of the ordinary, and even obsessive that shows the world that I am IN LOVE with my Jesus!?!?!?
* If I could have heaven be the place where I'd have everyone I have ever loved and will love, every activity I enjoy, every food and anything that has made me happy and NOT have Jesus... would I be okay with that??? (NNNOOOOO!!! I hope you wouldn't either.)
* What in my life takes TRUE faith? Anything?
* What kind of sacrifices am I making for the Gospel?
This book is to challenge us to look at our own life and evaluate our walk with Him, using the Word and Truth. It is not meant to question our faith, but it is meant to challenge our faith. Where am I? Where are you? Has He changed your life completely? Has He wrecked you to where you can NOT live your life without Him? If He was taken from your daily life, how would it affect you?????
Let me just say that this book is now one of my favorites b/c it has challenged me in ways I have never before been challenged (like RADICAL). Now, I have proclaimed this so I can not sit idly by and just check it off as one of my "have read" books. What am I going to do??? How am I going to live my life??? How can the world KNOW within minutes of meeting me that I am not a "nice gal" but I am a "lover of Jesus" ?
Check it out and see for yourself...
www.crazylovebook.com

1 comment:
Crazy love is great! You should check out Forgotten God by Chan as well. It has really challenged my thoughts on the Holy Spirit!
Post a Comment