TODAY we received "THE CALL"!!! We now know her beautiful face, name, birthday, history, and much more. Let me just say, I am AMAZED at God's perfect orchestration thus far. Before she was even conceived, we were in the process of adopting her. Before she was even born, she was covered in prayer. She is 13 1/2 mos. old, a beautiful smile, big 'ole gorgeous eyes, and chunky little legs! :) We cannot share pictures for legal reasons, but she is AMAZING!
Now let me share about today... really cool stuff.
1:10am - Brooks throws up revealing his virus (sorry for this, but it IS relevant ;), therefore decision made to stay home.
(That is the ONLY time he threw up and acted pretty normal throughout the day, other than a little tired.)
12 noon - We ask Daddy to meet us for lunch in town, so we can hang out at home this evening. He has "Con Queso" Groupon, so there you have it... Con Queso it is!
1:04 pm - Caseworker calls ME for our referral info, and of course, I don't answer b/c I can never hear my phone in my purse! Typical. :-/ She decides to call Kent.
1:07 pm - In Con Queso before we pay, there is the (817) area code!!!! I said, "Oh, my gosh! This is it! Answer it!" He answers, and proceeds to be calm and cool and then hands the phone over to me... WHO'S NOT CALM AND COOL!!! I can barely talk and am a blubbering idiot!!
I get myself together so I can listen, but we didn't have a computer handy... dad-gum!
I was out of my mind so I didn't even ask her a single question, just said, "Okay, gotta go find a computer. We'll call you when we get home!!!"
In the meantime our waiter is trying to ask me something about our food... whatever, I couldn't even remember my own name much less make ANY decision! ;) I am sure he thinks I am crazy person! BUT we got out of there in a heartbeat and Kent said, "Tammy, please drive home safely." Ha!
It seemed like an ETERNITY while we were waiting on Daddy (he left after us)!!! But he got home, we put our chairs in front of the computer, held BOTH of our boys (praise God!) called our caseworker, and opened our referral file with the most BEAUTIFUL girl we have EVER seen... I am NOT kidding! There are SO many precious pictures, even of her as a baby, and we are SO thankful.
GOD placed her with us... her family long before anyone ever knew. GOD arranged this silly little virus for Brooks so he could be home with us. I desired and have prayed that we could ALL be together for this moment, and HE did that. God is SO good. I have tears in my eyes as I write this, because I know He has tears in His eyes as He shares in our joy and continues to write her story... our story.
7 years ago

20 comments:
Oh! I just don't have words. It never ceases to amaze me how much God cares about the little things and how often he takes the "inconveniences" and turns them into major blessings!
Congratulations!! So happy for you guys. So happy! I bet our girls are little friends at the care center :)
That is so awesome. I am so truly excited for you guys and pray for God to continue to bless your growing family!! Amazing!!! It will be so cool when you get to tell your daughter that story!
Yahooo!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Hope you can bring her photo to show us on Wednesday!!!! Can't wait for you to bring her home!!! Congratulations!!
Tammy, I am so happy for you guys!!! How exciting!!!! I love how God care about all the "little" details. :)
YAY, YAY, YAY! Love how God is in EVERY detail! Praising God for your little girl!
Love this Tammy! Isn't it neat how God works all things together?!? Praise the Lord!
so happy for ya'll and for her! the lord is good.
We are so excited for y'all- God is certainly in the details and your story encourages us!!! So happy for y'all!
Congrats! Isn't it amazing that our God is into the details too?!
Huge Congrats !!! Love your "Call" story;)
Brenda
What a sweet post! I'm so excited for you! You're going to look over those pictures a thousand times and fall in love even more each time you do! Praying for you all as you wait on the next step and continue on in this journey!
Congratulations! What an exciting, long waited for Call!
Catherine
YEA!!!! So happy for you!!! And for her!!!
SO happy and delighted for your family!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful news...praying she is home in your arms SOON!!
How exciting. I have always imagined what the referral call would be like and I love yours! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more.
I'm a friend of Aimee Evans and clicked on your blog from hers. We're in the Ugandan adoption process, it's great to see your excitement!! God bless you on your journey! :)
Goosebumps! I'm so excited for your family! Love how God cares about the "little" things, and also that you notice them :)
Congratulations! So excited for you guys. And, I didn't know you were a blogger...I'm adding you to my blog, friend list!! I will send you an invite to ours, as well.
Love this so much! Can't wait to see a picture when she is legally YOUR'S!
Post a Comment