
Sad news family and friends... this past Thursday, July 12, our little Lady, our 10 lb. Chihuahua, died. If you knew Lady, you know she was a stubborn, independent little dog with a mind of her own. No matter how hard I got on to her or what I said, she wouldn't mind me about going in the street. She always liked to do what she wanted, when she wanted to. We haven't built a fence a yet, so I cannot blame her entirely. My neighbor just didn't see her and she was run over. Thankfully, it was instant and it wasn't a long, drawn-out, traumatic ordeal. She was instantly gone and didn't suffer at all. I know this because her body was still all intact, but her skull had been crushed. It wasn't at all gross, just sad. She lived 9 short, but comfortable, years. She had always been an indoor dog with a pillow for a bed. She always made me laugh when she would turn her tiny head from side to side to really try and "listen" to what I was saying to her. She wasn't a big fan of Brooks since he took my lap space and attention these past couple of years, but she tolerated his existence. She was deathly afraid of thunderstorms and felt more secure under our bed. Trying to get her out during these storms could easily take 10-15 minutes. She loved Nana and Mimi and would only let our moms take care of her. To those whose ankles she has bitten at our house ... so sorry. You know it really didn't hurt. ;) These pictures let you see how cute she was, but also what an attitude she could have. Enjoy remembering! (To those who don't have dogs... I know you think this is silly, but if you ever do... you WILL understand.)

3 comments:
Tammy and Kent, I am so very sorry to read about Lady. She never bit my ankles, but I do remember seeing those teeth. Love y'all. Lori
Tammy, Kent, and Brooks,
I was so sorry to hear of Lady's death. I especially will miss her early morning breakfasts with her Nana before anyone else was up. I cared for her and will miss her. I love you. Nana/Mom
Tammy - Carolyn told me about Lady. I'm so sorry for you. She had a wonderful, fun life with you, never forget that. She finally found someone that she could love and would love her back.
Congratulations on your soon to be new arrival! Carol McClain
Post a Comment